Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 Day Challenge; Day 9 - Something I Don't Leave My House Without


If you know me, and the fact you are reading this totally awesome blog tells me that you do, then you already know I would most likely forget my head if it weren't attached to my body. If by some cosmic occurence you weren't privvy to that fact, then 1.) you are obviously not paying attention or 2.) you are as oblivious to stuff as I am. If either of these things are true, then I'd suggest you speak with my brother Brad who has to call and remind me to return his Lord of the Rings DVD collection (or any movie for that matter) or his power tools on a daily basis until I return his belongings. Or you can check in with my daughter who is well practiced at rolling her eyes and exclaiming "Mom, you forget everything!" And don't bother asking Keagan because that apple didn't fall too far from this tree.

Now what is today's blog about? Oh that's right, what don't I leave home without. I can tell you it's not the kids...I would leave them home deliberately just so I don't have to hear Keagan complain that Taliya is singing the boy songs on the radio. (In his defense...singing is not a career choice for Miss T.) I do take Cullen with me most places but even he stays home with the kids from time to time. The one object, other then my good looks & witty personality, that I take with me everytime I step out of my house, would be my cell phone.

Yes people, this little 2-1/4" x 4-1/4" x 1/2" technological device (I just measured it so the dimesnsions are accurate) is both a blessing and a curse and never leaves my side. If I was stranded on a desereted island I would want Shemar Moore but I'll take my Samsung Acclaim as a suitable alternative. I read the news, my email, talk to my family, text (although not while driving, because that would be just wrong), listen to music, and a multitude of other daily activites all from this small piece of equipment.

I did leave my phone at home once and after the initial feeling of my world crashing around me, I felt a sense of peace. I wasn't bound to that evil device for 12 whole hours and survived. So love it or hate it...it's never too far away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The mobile is always within spitting distance...but to get you to answer it...well...thats just another blog I'm guessing, right? :P

Micki said...

I always return calls.. just not always in a timely manner. My bad!