Monday, March 14, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 10 - A Memory from 10 years ago

Seeing as I don't keep a journal (yes it's on my "to do" list, no I haven't begun it yet...please stop nagging me!) my 10 years of reference will include 2 memories from Jan 2001 & Sept 2001...although both unpleasant, they each had an impact on my life in a positive manner.

Jan 2001 - DWF (Divorced White Female) - I can either look at Jan 17, 2001 as the day my divorce was final or the day I finally righted a wrong. Either way, it was a bitter sweet moment. If anyone knows me, they understand I hate being told what to do and I hate to be wrong. With that being said, I was wrong and I should have listened. I will never repeat those words so suck it up now people :-)

Sept 2001 - Tobey Keith said it best: http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/keith-toby/courtesy-of-the-red-white-and-blue-10125.html
A day none of us will ever forget. A day our hearts will always mourn. A moment when we joined together as Americans and placed our differences aside.

No comments: